As you've probably already noticed, Facebook has updated the News Feed for users. As they announced last week, the changes in the look and feel will help to provide a more consistent experience across desktop and mobile platforms. For the most part, it's just a new look, but here's a run-down of what's new (and what's not).
- Larger images
- Bookmark icons
- Stories housed within "cards" in the feed
- Timestamps under the Page or user's name
- Same sizing for organic stories and ads
- Multi-photo Page posts (all multi-photo stories will honor the orientation of the first photo in the series and will not be distinguished from the format of a photo album)
What's Not New:
- General layout
- News Feed's algorithm that determines what you see and when
- Creative specs and image aspect ratios for Facebook Ads or Promoted Posts (including the 20% text rule)
Check out the changes and let me know what you think in the comments.